A Serbian midfielder wants to go to Manchester United rather than Paris Saint-Germain while Real Madrid drop more hints about signing Kylian Mbappe.
There is also news on Arsenal - and Thierry Henry criticising their transfer policy - and two Chelsea full-backs have been targeted by Spanish clubs. But Barcelona have denied a meeting with Robert Lewandowski’s agent as Bayern Munich’s trip to sunny Ibiza is causing a storm in Germany.
Here is a round-up of the top stories in the European press today...
Lazio midfielder prefers Manchester to Paris
Sky Italia has reported that Lazio have accepted offers of €65m for Serbian playmaker Sergei Milinkovic-Savic from Manchester United and PSG. But his agent Mateja Kezman - who used to play for Chelsea and PSG - has revealed that the 27-year-old has set his sights on Old Trafford, according to French website foot01.
“Sergej has no shortage of offers for the summer transfer window," Kezman said.
"At the moment we are dealing with Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain. He is focused on the end of the season with Lazio, but Sergej wants to go to Manchester.”
Saliba to finally get his Gunners chance
Mikel Arteta wants centre-back William Saliba back at the Emirates next season after Thierry Henry slammed the way the France centre-back has been treated. Saliba was signed from St Etienne in 2019 but has never played for the Gunners and has been loaned out to Nice and now Marseille, where he has earned a call up to the France squad.
Todofichajes reports that he will get his chance in the Premier League next season with two years left on his contract. And Henry told Amazon Prime’s Marseille coverage: "Arsenal did not even let him make a mistake. He left even before a mistake. He did not have the chance to compete for his place. What he has done at Marseille is extraordinary.”
Meanwhile, Radio Kiss Kiss in Italy reports Arsenal are interested in Bologna’s Scottish full-back Aaron Hickey.
Two more Chelsea stars targeted
According to Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona are interested in signing Marcos Alonso. The left-back has one year left on his contract and the Spanish paper claims we would welcome a return to his homeland.
Todofichajes has claimed Real Madrid have made Reece James their top target to strengthen their right-back position this summer to provide competition to Dani Carvajal.
Could Bayern lose Lewandowski?
Barcelona have denied interest in Robert Lewandowski. L’Equipe and Mundo Deportivo reported last week that the Pole’s agent Pini Zahavi had met Bayern - and that Lewandowski’s wife had revealed on social media that she has started Spanish lessons.
Lewandowski, 33, has one year left on his contract and is said to be unhappy with Bayern’s failed attempt to sign Erling Haaland. But Barcelona sporting director Mateu Alemany told Diario AS: “We don’t talk about meetings, nor do I like to discuss negotiation processes. The only thing I can say is that a meeting (with Jorge Mendes or Lewandowski) did not take place.”
The Bavarian club wrapped up their 10th consecutive Bundesliga title last month but lost to Mainz on Saturday - and were accused of already being on the beach as they then immediately departed for a break to the Med. Former Bayern and Fulham boss Felix Magath, now at Hertha Berlin, told Bild: “English teams have been doing this for a long time, but I don't know if there are results like that. A championship celebration is understandable once, but not for three weeks.”
Madrid already playing Mbappe games
During their title celebrations this weekend, Real president Florentino Perez was told in an interview with Movistar that the club’s fans want three things: La Liga, the Champions League and Kylian Mbappe. Perez joked: “I had not thought about it, but now you mention it, it might be true! Today let's talk about the first. On Wednesday of the second and the third we'll see, when we prepare the season".
Real failed with three bids for the France star last summer but Mbappe will be available on a free transfer at the end of the season. Asked by beIN Sports France if the arrival of Mbappé was a priority for him, coach Carlo Ancelotti responded: "I think the future of this club is already written. With this president, the future is already written."
Sad farewell for Gareth Bale
Spanish media noted that the Welshman was the only squad member not to join the title party after pulling out of the match with Espanyol with a “back spasm” - and doubted if he will play another game for the club before his contract expires at the end of the season. Bale later tweeted his congratulations to his team-mates, but Marca was damning in their condemnation of a player who will be available on a free transfer.
Amalio Moratalla wrote: “Bale, from being a legend who could have walked proudly through Chamartín as long as you wanted, to being nothing! You haven't done yourself any favours. With how extraordinary you are as a player, why this!? Good luck to you, but far away from here.”