Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Independent UK
The Independent UK
National
Via AP news wire

Eriksen released from hospital after 'successful' operation

DBU

Christian Eriksen was discharged from the hospital on Friday, nearly a week after collapsing on the field during a European Championship match.

The Danish soccer federation wrote on Twitter that Eriksen has been through a successful operation.

“The operation went well, and I am doing well under the circumstances,” Eriksen said in the tweet.

Eriksen has been in the hospital since collapsing on the field during his team’s opening Euro 2020 match on Saturday.

The Danish soccer federation previously said that Eriksen will be fitted with an implantable device that can function as both a pacemaker and defibrillator.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.