Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Bangkok Post
Bangkok Post
National
POST REPORTERS

Emergency decree lifted at Sungai Kolok

Sungai Kolok district in Narathiwat is the latest to be removed from the areas covered by the emergency decree, according to the Internal Security Operations Command (Isoc) Region 4.

Col Pramote Prom-in, spokesman for the Isoc Region 4 Forward Command, said the lifting of the emergency decree in Sungai Kolok district has been approved by the cabinet and announced in the Royal Gazette.

Starting on June 20, the Internal Security Act will be enforced in the district.

It is the third district in the three southernmost provinces after Mae Lan in Pattani and Betong in Yala to have the emergency decree lifted.

These districts will be secured under the Internal Security Act instead.

Col Pramote said the government has also approved the extension of the emergency decree in the restive region except for the three districts for another three months from June 20 until Sept 19.

The 4th Army has stepped up security in the deep South following a series of gun attacks. This follows a shooting last week in Yala's Bannang Sata district in which five men were killed.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.