Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Reuters
Reuters
Health

Eight Montpellier players test positive for COVID-19

Eight players and four members of staff at Montpellier have tested positive for COVID-19, the French Ligue 1 club said in a statement on Friday.

Montpellier, who did not name the players, said that the 12 had been isolated according to health protocols and that further tests had been conducted.

Their next game, which is away to AS Monaco on Sunday, should not be affected provided there are no further positive tests.

The French Football League said in September that matches would go ahead as along as 20 players, including one goalkeeper, out of a squad of 30 test negative.

Montpellier are fifth in the table with 10 points from six games.

(Writing by Brian Homewood; Editing by Toby Davis)

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.