Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Daily Record
Daily Record
National
Tara Fitzpatrick

Edited Jodi Jones murder doc back online after Channel 5 bosses pull show

A documentary examining whether Luke Mitchell and the murder of Jodi Jones has reappeared online after Channel 5 bosses pulled the programme due to legal concerns.

We previously told how programme makers suggested another five suspects could have been responsible for 14-year-old Jodi’s death.

Channel 5 then removed the second part from its streaming platform after a complaint over the identity of a man being visible in one scene.

A witness has also complained to TV watchdogs Ofcom over comments made about him on the show last Wednesday.

He claims a contributor’s remarks could lead viewers to believe he should have been a suspect.

But now the show is back online having been edited to take the man's name out.

In 2003, Jodi's body was found in woods in Dalkeith, Midlothian and her boyfriend Mitchell was later jailed for a minimum of 20 years in 2005 for her murder.

Mitchell has always insisted he is innocent of the crime.

In response to the show, Police Scotland said they did not need to trace anyone else in connection with the murder.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.