Edinburgh set for several new KFC's as chain plans for 500 new restaurants
Popular fast food diner KFC have announced plans to open 500 new restaurants across the UK.
Local Kentucky fried chicken fans will be happy to know that a number of new drive-thrus are also expected in Edinburgh and the Lothians.
According to KFC's official website, the most popular assets to the company are the drive-thrus, allowing locals to pick up a bite to eat on the move.
They only require 0.3 acres to fit into a vacant site, with existing building conversions also considered.
If drive-thrus cannot be accommodated, restaurants are being considered, while "small boxes" can fit "into 1,000 sq ft with a unique design while still offering customers a great experience".
Additionally, KFC invited developers to get in touch if they have a space that could be of interest, and the company will pay £20,000 “for all recognised introductions”.
Here are the proposed new KFC's Edinburgh and the surrounding areas can expect.
List of places KFC could open in Edinburgh and Lothians
- Bathgate, Proposed, Drive Thru
- Edinburgh Fountain Park, Proposed, Drive Thru
- Edinburgh Royal Mile, Proposed, High Street
- Leith Docks, Proposed, Drive Thru
- Livingston Designer Centre, Proposed, Drive Thru
- Queensferry, Relocate, Drive Thru
- University of Edinburgh, Proposed, Urban Small Box
- A1 between Dunbar and Tranent, Proposed, Drive Thru