Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Los Angeles Times
Los Angeles Times
Sport
Jack Harris

Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen feeling better after positive coronavirus test

LOS ANGELES _ Los Angeles Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen revealed Sunday he tested positive for the coronavirus but has recovered and is participating in training camp.

Jansen had been one of the most notable missing players during the first weeks of camp, and the reason for his absence wasn't disclosed.

Jansen said his young son was the first member of his family to test positive, but everyone in his household has recovered.

"It is real," Jansen, who experienced symptoms, said of the virus. "Everyone in the world, take it serious. Wear your mask at all times, if you can. Because, trust me, it happens so fast. Once my son got it, I've seen how fast it can spread. We tried to do everything, but we all got it in the house."

Jansen said he has resumed throwing and believes he will be ready to pitch when the delayed MLB season begins July 23. Last year, the closer recorded 33 saves and a 3.71 ERA. He missed the All-Star game for the first time since 2015.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.