Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Nottingham Post
Nottingham Post
Sport
Sarah Clapson

Defender's Nottingham Forest transfer wish as striker attracts more interest

Defender Tyler Blackett says he would love to see James Garner back at Nottingham Forest next season.

Manchester United loanee Garner has made a big impact since joining the Reds on loan in January, putting in some standout performances as Chris Hughton’s side have pulled away from relegation trouble.

The Forest manager has been coy about the chances of the midfielder returning for a second stint at the City Ground, and the player’s agent has admitted a number of clubs are casting admiring glances his way.

Like Garner, Blackett came through the youth set-up at Old Trafford, and says there is no doubting his teammate’s ability.

Read more, here.

Striker competition

Another club have reportedly joined the race for Nottingham Forest-linked striker Jerry Yates.

The 24-year-old has been in red-hot form for Blackpool this season, and is said to have put a number of sides on alert as a result - including the Reds.

Blackburn Rovers and Bristol City have also been credited with an interest in Yates, and now The72 claim Scottish giants Rangers have joined his list of admirers.

The report states Steven Gerrard’s side “are considering Yates as part of their summer transfer haul” - along with former Forest star Britt Assombalonga.

Read more, here.

Johnson impressing

Nottingham Forest loanee Brennan Johnson netted the first hat-trick of his career on Tuesday night - and it has got Reds fans excited for his summer return to the club.

The 19-year-old has been in fine form for Lincoln City and he hit a quick-fire treble as they thumped MK Dons 4-0 to reignite their League One promotion push.

It took Johnson’s tally for a memorable campaign to 12 goals in 41 appearances for the Imps.

Forest boss Chris Hughton had debated whether to recall the teenager from his loan spell in January, but opted for him to continue his development at Sincil Bank.

Read more, here.

Fee set

Plymouth Argyle are said to have placed a significant price-tag on the head of Nottingham Forest-linked forward Luke Jephcott ahead of the summer.

The Reds were reported to be among a number of clubs keen on the 21-year-old hot-shot in the January transfer window, with arch-rivals Derby County, Stoke City and Sheffield Wednesday also credited with an interest.

Plymouth boss Ryan Lowe admitted there had been “a few inquiries” about the young attacker but that they went no further than that.

He made it clear clubs would be wasting their time submitting offers, but that hasn’t stopped speculation continuing to swirl.

Read more, here.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.