Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Hindu
The Hindu
National
Special Correspondent

Decision on offline classes for standard 1 to 5 after Dasara

Students of class 6 and above have been going to schools since September 20, 2021. (Source: The Hindu)

 

The Karnataka government will take a decision on starting classes for students of standard 1 to 5 after the Dasara festival.

Speaking to mediapersons in Chikkamagaluru on October 1, Minister for Primary and Secondary Education B.C. Nagesh said the response from students to offline classes for standard 6 and above had been impressive. Though schools had been told to conduct regular full-day classes, it had not been made mandatory as the department had not yet started providing children with midday meals.

10-year-old moves HC questioning law making Kannada compulsory in CBSE/ICSE schools 

“We will take a call on conducting classes for students of classes 1 to 5 after the Dasara festival. The positivity rate of COVID-19 infection has come down. The government will take a decision after considering all factors,” he said.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.