
Ford star Anton De Pasquale has secured pole position for Saturday's Supercars race at Sydney Motorsport Park, the first event for the championship in three months.
The Shell V-Power driver blew away his rivals in the top 10 shootout at the Sydney SuperNight, clocking a one minute and 27.0772 second lap to be over half a second clear of the field.
It's De Pasquale's fifth pole of the season and continues his dominance at the event having topped the timesheets in all four of the sessions so far.
"The car has been in a good window straight off the truck so that's probably the best we've rolled out the car all year," the 26-year-old told Fox Sports.
"So far, so good.
"It's a good start. We want to execute in the race tonight and then follow on for another four weeks."
The 26-year-old will start alongside Erebus Motorsport's Will Brown after the youngster stunned the field with his lap.
Brown's 1:28.6055 took him above Nick Percat, championship leader Shane Van Gisbergen and Will Davison in the shootout to start from the front row of a Supercars race for the first time in his career.
"It's pretty cool to be starting on the front row. That's amazing," Brown said.
"To be back after so many months off, the boys worked so hard - and the girls - to get it ready and be there, just pumped for it.
"We'll be having a big crack. I'm out there trying win a race."
Davison (1:28.6187) will start third alongside Percat (1:28.6903) for Saturday's 32-lap race, which will be held under lights from 7.10pm.
Van Gisbergen, who qualified third-fastest for the shootout, will have to start from sixth as he looks to resume his title tilt following the 104-day COVID-enforced hiatus.
Championship rivals Cameron Waters and Jamie Whincup will start right behind Van Gisbergen on the grid from seventh and eighth respectively.