Former Metropolitan Police PC David Carrick has been handed another life sentence after he was convicted of molesting a 12-year-old girl and raping a former partner.
Carrick spent years in the Met as a specialist firearms officer before he was exposed as a serial rapist and controlling bully.
In 2023, he was branded a “monster” and “unspeakably evil” when he was handed 36 life sentences after confessing to a catalogue of crimes against 12 female victims, including at least 71 sexual offences and 48 rapes.
After his convictions, two more of Carrick’s victims came forward to police, sparking nine further criminal charges.
At the Old Bailey on Wednesday, Carrick was found guilty by a jury of two counts of rape, five indecent assaults, sexual assault and one charge of coercive and controlling behaviour.
The fresh charges related to the abuse of a girl over 18-months in the late 80s, when he was a teenager, and the rape and abuse of a woman he dated as an adult.
On Thursday, Mrs Justice McGowan handed Carrick another life sentence but agreed that his minimum term should remain at 32 years - as set in 2023.
The judge recognised the “courage and resilience” of the victims in her sentencing remarks.
She also noted Carrick’s “cynical willingness” for the two women to be forced to give evidence in court due to his continued denial of wrongdoing.
On the sexual assaults on a child when Carrick was aged 14 or 15, the judge said: “They were the first examples to come to light of your disposition to commit predatory sexual crimes.”
She added: “I have no doubt that you are dangerous and the life sentences on an earlier occasion are fully merited.”
The new convictions reveal Carrick’s predatory sexual abuse began when he was a teenager, targeting a 12-year-old girl, and carried on for the next three decades.

The girl had reported the abuse at the time it happened, shaming Carrick into a written confession in which he spelled out “it was true”.
The letter formed the centrepiece of a trial in which Carrick forced the two victims to give evidence, claiming they were lying. But he then cowardly refused to enter the witness box himself to face questions.
While working in the Met, Carrick was part of the elite Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection unit, which has responsibility for guarding VIP visitors, senior politicians, and Royalty.
As a teenager, Carrick abused the girl repeatedly over the course of 18 months, putting his hand over her mouth to stop her letting out a scream and at times trapping her between a chair and sofa to stop her escaping.
The victim, now an adult, broke down in tears while recalling the abuse, and told jurors: “When I heard he was a Metropolitan Police officer, the words I have always used were: ‘God help anyone with him with a warrant card’.”
When Carrick was confronted about his behaviour, he wrote a letter saying the girl was “not crazy” and that it was “true”.
The letter, recovered from Carrick’s medical records, is signed “Dave”, and reads: “It was true but I stopped about 4 months ago”.
It goes on: “I promised myself I wouldn’t never go near her again and I have kept that promise and I always will.”
Carrick said he is “so sorry”, and says the girl “doesn’t have to worry ever again”.
It ends: “Please don’t try to talk about it.”
The second new victim told the court she had been forced into sex when she was dating Carrick.
He claimed to police after his arrest that she was lying and attempting to be part of the “Me Too” movement.
But the woman described in detail during the trial how a “fun” relationship with the police officer turned into a nightmare as he called her abusive names and ordered her to “obey” him.
Describing one of the rapes, she told the jury: “I couldn’t wait until it was over.
“I didn’t want to do it. I was trying to fight him off. I said no.”
Her evidence included particular sexual desires that Carrick had and bore striking similarities to the slew of crimes that he had already admitted.
In statements read to the court, the victims described the ongoing trauma from Carrick’s abuse and the lifelong effect his actions had on their lives.
The woman who was molested as a child had difficulty trusting people and forming relationships, the court was told.
She said: “The public revelations of David’s actions caused me to relive my trauma which severely impacted my mental health.
“I do not believe David has any remorse for his actions. He tries to blame his past home life for what he has done.
“Although his actions and the depravity are now known the impact on my life is far from over.”
The woman who was raped by Carrick during a formative relationship described the feeling of viewing herself through a “looking glass”.
Her experiences had the effect of “rewriting” her understanding of future relationships and doubting herself.
She grieved for the life she might have had, and said in her statement: “I did not get the chance to learn love in the way most people do – I learned survival instead.
“I fight through fear, through memories, through the exhaustion trauma leaves behind.”
In 2023, he was sentenced for offences against 12 women, spanning two decades up to his arrest in 2021.
His unmasking as a serial rapist sparked a major crisis for the Met, coming shortly after PC Wayne Couzens had been jailed for the rest of his life for the kidnap, rape, and murder of Sarah Everard.
Couzens and Carrick worked on the same unit, though Scotland Yard said there was no evidence they were close friends.
It also emerged that Carrick had the unsavoury nickname “Bastard Dave” among colleagues, reportedly because of his cruel treatment of women.
His convictions also led to revelations that there had been a series of missed opportunities to catch him, including complaints about his behaviour that were overlooked and police reports that did not leave to either a prosecution or reconsideration of his Met vetting.
Carrick has been behind bars since his initial arrest in 2021. He was told at his first sentencing hearing that he may never be set free again.