
A total of 7,144 people who were in places visited by an infected Egyptian serviceman in Rayong and the infected daughter of a Sudanese diplomat in Bangkok have tested negative for Covid-19.
Taweesilp Visanuyothin, spokesman of the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said on Tuesday that another 279 people in Rayong who gave sample swabs for testing on July 20 were found not to be carrying the infection.
Between July 14 and 19, 6,501 people who might have been exposed to the virus in Rayong had coronavirus tests and all were negative, according to the Department of Disease Control.
They had either been at the hotel where the infected soldier had stayed, or one of the shopping malls he and other Egyptians visited.
In Bangkok, 364 people had Covid-19 tests during the same period and no infections were found among them.
The latest test results brought the number of people testing negative to 7,144, said Dr Taweesilp.
Earlier on Tuesday, the Department of Disease Control reported that the Public Health Ministry had conducted more than 6,000 Covid-19 tests in Ranong and most tested negative.
Dr Taweesilp said the final 279 had also tested negative.