Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Hindu
The Hindu
National
Iboyaima Laithangbam

COVID-19: Manipur extends SOP till Sept. 21

A girl buys surgical masks in Imphal, Manipur. File (Source: AP)

The Manipur government has extended the modified COVID-19 Standard Operating Procedure till September 21. This was announced in an order issued on Monday night by Chief Secretary Rajesh Kumar who is also the chairman of the State Disaster Management Authority.

Night curfew would remain in force from 7 p.m. to 4 a.m. Gymnasiums, fitness centres, hotels and shopping malls have been allowed to open now under some restrictions. However, restaurants cannot be opened as yet. The three women’s markets in Imphal city would remain closed. The ban on community lunches, assembly of huge crowd would continue. Religious and other social functions can be conducted with a maximum number of 20 people.

Manipur Chief Minister N. Biren said that the COVID-19 related situation was fast improving with the result that some isolation centres in the State had been shut down as there were no infected persons there.

Officials said that the number of daily infection had come down though some deaths were taking place and that the government had intensified the fight against the pandemic.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.