Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Dynamite News
Dynamite News
Politics
DN Bureau

COVID-19 Lockdown: Delhi govt starts distributing ration for next month

Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia

New Delhi: Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia on Saturday said the city government has started distributing ration for the next month in the wake of the 21-day lockdown.

Also Read: Delhi to feed about 4 lakh people daily, preps to tackle if COVID-19 cases rise, says Arvind Kejriwal

Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had announced last week that those receiving ration from fair-price shops would get 50 per cent extra for the next month.

There are around 72 lakh beneficiaries of the public distribution system in the national capital.

Also Read: Delhi Metro services shut till April 14

According to the Union Health Ministry, 39 coronavirus cases have so far been reported in Delhi.

The number of COVID-19 cases in India climbed to 873 on Saturday with the death toll rising to 19. (PTI)

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.