Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Hindu
The Hindu
Special Correspondent

Couple accidentally suffer electric shock, die

In a freak incident, a mason-labourer couple died of electrocution at Dignoor village in Bazarhatnoor mandal on Friday. According to reports, the deceased Nagnath Chate, aged 45 years, and Ratnamala, aged 35 years, were locals. Nagnath suffered an electric shock when an iron rod he was fixing in an under-construction compound wall to give it strength accidentally came in contact with the overhead 11 kv electric cables. His wife also suffered electric shock when she came to rescue him. The two were taken to a private doctor in Ichoda mandal head quarters but were pronounced brought dead.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.