
TWO men are "extremely lucky" to have survived a light aircraft crash on Stockton beach this morning with only minor injuries.
NSW Ambulance responded to reports a helicopter had crashed on the beach shortly before 11am on Saturday.
Paramedics arrived at the scene to assess the two men in the gyrocopter.
The men, both understood to be in their 60s, were treated for lacerations and grazes but did not require transport to hospital.

NSW Ambulance Inspector Lauren Lowrie said the men managed to down the gyrocopter away from other members of the public.
"Both men were extremely lucky to escape with very minor injuries," she said.
"If more people were around, this could have been a disaster."
The aircraft is believed to have taken off from Belmont Airport earlier this morning.
Port Stephens-Hunter Police have been contacted for comment.
MORE NEWS