Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Nottingham Post
Nottingham Post
National
Rod Malcolm

Coroner opens Nottingham inquest into man who died in Cuba

The death of a 24-year-old man in Cuba is to be the subject of a Nottingham inquest.

Assistant Nottinghamshire Coroner Gordon Clow said that a post mortem had been carried out on George Unwin. As he opened an inquest, the coroner said that the cause of death was "unascertainable."

He said that the inquest should be completed on January 17.

Mr Unwin died on December 27 last year in the Cuban capital of Havana. He was identified by his mother.

The coroner said: "I express my condolences to the family and friends of Mr Unwin."

To receive one WhatsApp message a day with the main headlines, as well as breaking news alerts, text NEWS to 07790 586202. Then add the number to your phone contacts book as 'Nottingham Post'. Your phone number won't be shared with other members of the group.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.