Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Hindu
The Hindu
National
Dinakar Peri

Coronavirus lockdown | Army denies report on movement orders

In this March 31, 2020 picture, Indian Army soldiers stand guard as their colleague shop during a lockdown in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir. (Source: AP)

The Army clarified on Tuesday that no instructions had been issued on the movement of its personnel who were on leave / sick leave and retired persons held back at regimental centres due to the COVID-19 lockdown.

A report published in print and online in this newspaper on Monday had said that the Army had issued such instructions on the movement of personnel who were on leave or sick leave and retirees held back at regimental centres due to the lockdown.

In a statement sent to The Hindu, an Army spokesman denied the contents of the report and said it had created “unnecessary confusion” within the ranks of the force.  

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.