Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Hindu
The Hindu
National
Sidharth Yadav

Coronavirus: Five new cases take count to 14 in Madhya Pradesh

Police cops talking to a Car owner during curfew as precaution of Coronavirus in Bhopal on Tuesday, 24 Mar 2020. (Source: THE HINDU)

Four residents of Indore and one of Ujjain have tested positive for COVID-19, taking the count in Madhya Pradesh to 14 cases in five days.

“As of now the condition of the patients is stable,” said Lokesh Jatav, Indore Collector. “We are doing their contact tracing now, after which further steps will be taken.”

As for prohibitory orders in the city, Mr. Jatav said the police had been directed to act against people on the roads, barring those venturing out for essential services. “We have filed cases and cancelled driver’s licences too, and will take stricter action if people still don’t comply,” he added.

 

So far six cases have been reported from Jabalpur, and one each from Bhopal, Shivpuri and Gwalior districts.

As of Tuesday, the State government had identified 1,357 travellers from countries afflicted with the disease. As many as 831 were in home isolation and surveillance of 429 was completed, according to the State Health Department.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.