Conor Benn has confirmed he has held talks with Amir Khan regarding a future bout but says there's 'no chance' it will happen.
Benn is keen to face-off against the winner of Khan vs Kell Brook, a bout which has been brewing for over a decade and one that will finally come to a head at Manchester's AO Arena next month.
Meanwhile, Benn is seeking a new opponent following his knockout victory against Chris Algieri earlier this month and admits he has spoken to Khan about a bout.
However, it's been made clear that Khan has no interest in such a fight and the Bolton fighter will instead hang-up his gloves.
"Amir Khan don’t want it. No chance he will want it, there’d be no way. I’ve spoken to him about it," he told World Boxing News.
"He’s retiring after the (Brook) fight. Kell Brook, I’d take the fight all day long. I’d fight either of them, but I’ve got more of a chance to fight Jake Paul. It’s one of them situations — why would they want to fight me?"
Benn also issued his verdict on the long-awaited grudge match between the pair and, while he thinks it's 50-50, he ultimately believes Khan will lose.
"It’s a 50-50 fight, it’s 10 years too late, but it’s still a 50-50 fight. Khan’s chin is very vulnerable. There’s no secret there. But Kell Brook has had both his eye (sockets) fractured, so it’s like who’s got what left.
"But I’m tipping Brook. More durable. I don’t think Khan has the power like Gennadiy Golovkin or Spence to break his eye socket. Hopefully, Brook comes through and then he can get the smoke. He can get the Benn smoke.”
Khan and Brook face-off at the Manchester Arena on Saturday, 19th February.