Connor Goldson insists the league title race isn't over yet and if Rangers don't overtake Celtic then its the fault of him and his teammates.
The Light Blues defender admits it is frustrating for Michael Beale's side - who are unbeaten in league action - to still be nine points behind rivals Celtic with the league run-in edging closer. Goldson has watched the Hoops triumph in a few of his seasons at Ibrox but was part of the Steven Gerrard team that ended Celtic's ten-in-a-row hopes. The Englishman won't concede yet, however.
A crucial derby clash beckons on April 8 when Rangers travel to Celtic Park, and with the backing of no fans, having not won in the east end of Glasgow since late 2020. But Goldson revealed the mantra from Beale that has 'stuck with him' as he issued a big rallying cry for the run-in.
READ MORE: Michael Beale and Ange Postecoglou break silence over headbutt on Fran Alonso
He said: “It’s not finished. Until it’s over we’re going to do everything we can. We have to play them twice so we’re going to do all we can but until it’s over we’re not going to stop trying.
“Of course it is (frustrating to still be nine behind) but one of the main things the manager said which sticks with me is ‘if we don’t win the league this season we’re going to win the league from now’ and that’s all we can do and to be fair we’ve been on a run since he’s been here.
“To be fair to them we’re still nine points behind and there’s not much more we can do, we have to concentrate on us and win games of football.
"If it doesn’t happen this season we’ll know it was our fault from the start of the season and we still need to make sure we win the league from when the manager came in and put us in a good stepping stone for next season.”
- Kenny Miller on Rangers and Celtic three team rule miss as he talks Ibrox return destiny after exit
- Allan McGregor Rangers future clue with veteran handed 'not finished yet' Michael Beale verdict
- Celtic hero fumes at Rangers penalty stat as referees blasted for using VAR as 'coward's way out'
- Michael Beale 'obsessed' with Rangers as former striker reveals text that sparked Ibrox arrival hype
- Barry Ferguson responds to Alfredo Morelos Everton shirt row as Rangers hero left baffled