The Indianapolis Colts released the unofficial depth chart for the roster Tuesday ahead of the Week 1 season opener against the Houston Texans.
The term “unofficial” should be taken to heart here as the pecking order could change on a whim. Still, we’re here to take a look at the depth chart going into the regular-season opener against the Texans.
Here’s a look at the unofficial Week 1 depth chart for the Colts:
|Michael Pittman Jr.
- There are currently five rookies on the offensive side of the ball, including undrafted C Wesley French and Buffalo Bills seventh-round pick OT Luke Tenuta, who was claimed by the Colts at roster cuts.
- WR Mike Strachan seems to have jumped Dezmon Patmon on the depth chart.
- Rookie WR Alec Pierce is listed as a starter and will likely see the majority of his work in 11 personnel.
- The offensive line hasn’t changed much since the spring. LT Matt Pryor and RG Danny Pinter are the new starters until further notice.
|Eric Johnson II
|Rodney Thomas II
- Five rookies are currently on the defensive side of the ball, including two undrafted free agents in CB Dallis Flowers and LB JoJo Domann.
- Rookie S Nick Cross is listed as the starting strong safety over veteran Rodney McLeod. Both will see time in the rotation, but it appears to be Cross’ role to begin the season.
- DE Ben Banogu appears to have moved down the depth chart in favor of Ifeadi Odenigbo, who was likely one of the last players to make the final roster cut after a strong preseason.
- LB Shaquille Leonard is currently the only MIKE listed on the depth chart.