Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Hindu
The Hindu
National
Special Correspondent

CM’s claim on TDB funds a lie: Kummanam

The statement made by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan that the government has not been taking any money from temple devaswoms and that it has given ₹100 crore to the Travancore Devaswom Board (TDB) is a blatant lie, BJP leader Kummanam Rajasekharan has alleged.

In a statement here on Monday, he said it was a fact that the Chief Minister had promised to provide ₹100 crore as financial assistance to the TDB in view of the destruction at Pampa and surrounding areas during the deluge of August 2018. Though a budget allocation too was made in this regard, the TDB had received only ₹40 crore so far.

The TDB had received only ₹40 lakh from the government towards annuity against the ₹80 lakh in the previous fiscal, he said.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.