A dangerous online trend in which children are filmed being attacked and the footage posted online is feared to end in tragedy, say concerned families.
A video in Liverpool showed a 12-year-old girl being lured to a park where she was set upon by a gang which was filmed on their mobile phones.
In the sickening video the girl was dragged to the floor before being punched in the face.
While the girl was being assaulted, what appeared to be around a dozen other children gathered around cheering on the attacker.
The video was widely shared the next day on social media.
The girl’s family has now moved away from the area and is looking for a new school for their daughter.
Her concerned mother told the Liverpool Echo : “I can't watch the videos - they are sickening. It shocked me to see this - she's not a fighter.
"These kids are feral - I've never seen anything like it. I think the most shocking part of it was the way boys who didn't even know her were joining in.
“You had older boys kicking her in the head. It was absolutely vile. I want to draw attention to it to try and make sure their parents are aware of what they did.
“This is how bad these children are."
Earlier this week footage was shared of another assault in Old Rough Parkin which a 13-year-old girl was also assaulted by a gang of teenagers.
The footage, taken at around 8pm on May 3, showed the victim being punched and stamped on in a prolonged attack after months of bullying.
The teenager's parents told the ECHO she sustained severe cuts and bruising during the attack - and added they are also moving from the area and changing schools.
The attack was also filmed.
The victim's mum said: "Do you know as a mother and a parent, not being there to protect your child from people who think they can harm my daughter, and mark her body.
“I had to watch that video, of a 17 year-old-girl videoing it. It broke me."
Christine Pratt, the founder of the National Bullying Helpline, added they receive 4,000 clicks a day, with a high percentage involving children who have been cyber-bullied.
Ms Pratt said: "What's happening is really disturbing.
“Parents report it to us when they hear about what has happened but a lot of the time they don't hear. The behaviour of videoing the assault and putting it on social media is ongoing intimidation and cyber bullying.
"It is seen as sport and amusement by the children involved. There will be a tragedy if something isn't done. I honestly don't think something will be done until it happens to a politician's child.
“We also don't know that there hasn't already been a tragedy - child suicide is on the rise at the moment and we know how traumatising these incidents are for those involved."
Community policing superintendent Karl Baldwin said: "The social media video showing the assault of a 12-year-old girl in Old Rough Park on April 22 was completely reprehensible. To attack someone in this manner is appalling, but to also record it on a mobile phone and then share it online is even worse and something we take extremely seriously at Merseyside Police.
"To be the victim of an assault can be traumatic, but to then see it being shared online must be incredibly humiliating. We will continue to support any victim who finds themselves in this situation and do all we can to bring those responsible to justice.”