Child dies after ingesting repellent

By Special Correspondent

A three-year-old boy died after accidentally ingesting a mosquito repellent in Pammal.

Police sources said the boy, Kishore, was playing with the repellent cartridge at his house on Sunday. Since the lid was open, he ingested the liquid. His parents rushed him to a clinic nearby and was subsequently taken to the Institute Of Child Health and Hospital for Children in Egmore.

Kishore died without responding to treatment. The police have registered a case.


What is inkl?

Important stories

See news based on value, not advertising potential. Get the latest news from around the world.

Trusted newsrooms

We bring you reliable news from the world’s most experienced journalists in the most trusted newsrooms.

Ad-free reading

Read without interruptions, distractions or intrusions of privacy.