What’s happening in Chiefs Kingdom?
The Kansas City Chiefs got into the win column on Sunday as they defeated the Jacksonville Jaguars 17-9. The defense was superb, keeping Jacksonville out of the endzone and sacking quarterback Trevor Lawrence four times. Kansas City’s offense shot itself in the foot with three turnovers and 12 penalties but was able to make plays when it mattered the most.
Here are the top stories on this edition of Chiefs Check-in for the morning of Monday, September 18:
Travis Kelce snags his first TD of the season
Watch this clip of Patrick Mahomes finding his favorite target for a touchdown against the Jaguars.
Skyy Moore catches his first career regular season TD
Take a look at Mahomes hitting Moore with an impressive back-shoulder touchdown.
Jaylen Watson makes highlight reel tackle
Watch Watson make a big stop on a critical third-down play.
Skyy Moore seals the deal
Check out Mahomes extending the play with his legs and finding a wide-open Moore to seal the game for K.C.
Chris Jones' return impacts inactives list
These players were inactive for the Chiefs matchup against the Jaguars, including three defensive linemen.
Mahomes not worried about Jawaan Taylor's struggles
Mahomes is confident that Taylor will continue to improve throughout the season as he tries to get comfortable in the Chiefs’ offense.
Around the AFC West
- The Broncos fell to the Commanders on Sunday 35-33 despite jumping out to an early 21-3 lead.
- Despite the loss, Russell Wilson found Brandon Johnson on a Hail Mary pass that put Denver in position to tie the game.
- Broncos’ safety Kareem Jackson was ejected for a hit to the head on Commanders’ tight end Logan Thomas.
Las Vegas Raiders
- The Raiders were blown out by the Bills in Buffalo on Sunday by a 38-10 final score.
- Raiders’ wide receiver Davante Adams left the game with a concussion.
Los Angeles Chargers
- The Chargers lost a heartbreaker to the Titans in overtime by a 27-24 final score.
- Watch this touchdown grab by Chargers’ veteran receiver Keenan Allen.
Around the NFL
- Watch this field goal block by the Patriots’ Brenden Schooler.
- Rams’ wide receiver Puka Nacua has caught the most passes ever by a rookie in his first two games.
- The referees missed what should have been a crucial holding call in the matchup between the Seahawks and Lions.
- Colts’ quarterback Anthony Richardson suffered a concussion against the Texans.
- The Dolphins moved to 2-0 as they defeated the Patriots 24-17 on Sunday Night Football.