Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Football London
Football London
Sport
Jamie Kemble

Chelsea suffer Gianluigi Donnarumma transfer setback as former Blue hints at possible return

Here are your Chelsea morning headlines for Saturday, March 6.

Chelsea dealt Donnarumma blow

Chelsea might be keen on AC Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma, but they are second in the race to land him.

That's according to Tutto Mercato, who claim Prais Saint-Germain are in 'pole position' to land the young Italian stopped who is yet to agree a new deal with Milan.

The Serie A giants are in talks over a new contract ahead of Donnarumma's contract expiring this summer, but they are yet to agree a new contract.

There are talks it could be resolved by Milan agreeing to insert a buyout clause in the contract, but if things aren't ironed out, PSG are tipped to be favourites with Mauricio Pochettino keen on landing a top-class goalkeeper.

That's despite Chelsea 'keeping tabs' on Donnarumma's situation.

Thomas Tuchel's one regret as Chelsea go 10 matches unbeaten

Oscar wants Chelsea return

Former Chelsea star Oscar says he would like to finish his career at Stamford Bridge despite leaving in 2017.

The 29-year-old told TalkSPORT in an interview: "I think about finishing at Chelsea because I had good times before at Chelsea.

“Chelsea helped me a lot to improve and to do what I always dreamed [of], which was to play in the Champions League and they helped me to play in the World Cup and to win the Premier League.

“I have a lot of friends at Chelsea. If I have a chance to finish my career at Chelsea, it’s a dream for me. Of course, Chelsea don’t like to buy too many older players, which is normal because it’s a top team from Europe, but I will try my best to be fit to finish there.

Oscar left Chelsea in 2017 (Darren Walsh/Chelsea FC via Getty Images)

“When you win the Premier League, the Europa League and the League Cup, everything is great. When I scored my first two goals against Juventus in my first game in the Champions League, it was amazing.

“But I always remember one game when we played against Arsenal and we won 2-0 and I didn’t score a goal, but I made eight or nine tackles and when they changed me in the 88th minute, it was like I had scored three goals in the game.

“This is what the English supporters like and what the Premier League is like. You don’t need to score a lot. You need to give everything and this is what I’ll always remember with me.”

Another injury blow for Hazard

Eden Hazard's move from Chelsea to join Real Madrid has simply not worked out so far for the Belgian.

Hazard is now recovering from his tenth injury since making the move to Real Madrid, missing no fewer than 50 games so far, and it hasn't even been two years since his big-money transfer.

The 30-year-old has faced plenty of criticism over his injuries, but this week there seems to be as much compassion as criticism with Real Madrid fans starting to take pity on Hazard, and perhaps rightly so.

The Belgian is seeing his dream transfer going rather pear-shaped, and ahead of Real Madrid's derby clash with Atletico Madrid this weekend, he suffered yet another injury setback.

Hazard has already missed the last seven games through a hamstring injury and Marca report he has been dealt another setback in his bid to return, previously scheduled to be next week.

The report does not provide any details on when he is now expected to return, but it's more bad news for the former Chelsea star.

Having previously targeted a return ahead of Real Madrid's Champions League second leg with Atalanta, it now looks as though Hazard is going to miss that game.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.