Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Nottingham Post
Nottingham Post
Sport
Barry Cooper

Championship club plotting 'swoop' for Nottingham Forest midfielder

Charlton have again been linked with a move for Nottingham Forest’s out of favour midfielder John Bostock.

Bostock was one of Sabri Lamouchi’s summer arrivals when he joined on a season-long loan from French outfit Toulouse, but has found first team opportunities limited despite the boss praising his attitude earlier this month.

The struggling Addicks, who have dropped alarmingly down the Championship table after a promising start following promotion from League One, are according to the Daily Mail, keen on taking the former Tottenham youngster on loan.

The 28-year-old has made just five appearances for Forest, with just three of those coming in the Championship - and one of those outings came at the Valley earlier in the campaign.

Forest's John Bostock applauds the fans after the Sky Bet Championship match at The Valley (Dan Westwell)

His last outing was the comprehensive 4-0 win at QPR on November 27, and hasn’t played since then.

Speaking recently, head coach Lamouchi said that changes would happen in January if players were arriving - Rafa Mir is the only departure so far, while there have been no arrivals.

“Of course if some players come, we need to make some changes," he said.

“But for the moment, that is not the priority.

“My priority is to keep the team spirit. I don’t want a lot of movement. I don’t want a lot of players.

“Because with more players, there are more problems if they don’t play.

“I want all players focused on our target. Our target is game by game, to fight and to work all together until the end.”

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.