Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Reuters
Reuters
Business

BVB says no decision yet on transfer of Dembele

DUESSELDORF, Germany (Reuters) - Borussia Dortmund (BVB) said on Friday that no decision had been made yet to transfer Ousmane Dembele to Barcelona, denying a German newspaper report.

"We have set Barcelona a deadline, and either something will happen or it won't," a spokesman for Dortmund said.

German daily Bild had reported on Thursday that Barcelona had agreed a fee for the transfer of Dembele to Spain, ending a saga that led to the talented 20-year-old winger being suspended by the Bundesliga club.

Citing unnamed sources it had said Barcelona had agreed to pay Dortmund 120 million euros (110.42 million pounds), or up to 150 million euros depending on performance bonuses, making it the second most expensive signing ever.

(Reporting by Anneli Palmen; Writing by Maria Sheahan; Editing by Tom Sims)

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.