
Reigning Thai League 1 champions Buriram United are looking forward to bouncing back from their disappointing home draw in their season opener when they travel to Suphanburi today.
The Thunder Castle were surprisingly held to a 2-2 draw by Chonburi who were reduced to nine men last week.
"We are disappointed that we did not win the first game but at least we are happy to see some of our young players play well including Supachok Sarachart, who scored both goals against Chonburi," Buriram assistant team manager Sirichai Kimoto told a press conference yesterday.
He said that the team must improve their defence which he said is not very good.
He admitted that the Thunder Castle also had problems up front after the departure of Brazilian forward Diogo Luis Santo.
"Playing at Suphanburi is always difficult and we weren't able to beat them at their home last season," Sirichai said.
"But we are working very hard to get three points."
Suphanburi are at full strength without any injured or suspended players and assistant coach Santi Chaipuek said the team wanted to get a good result against the champions.
"This is our first home game of the season so we want a good result. We want to make our fans happy," he said.
Santi said Buriram could be distracted by their Champions League assignment at Japan's Urawa Red Diamonds on Wednesday.
He said the team's defence, marshalled by Suphan Thongsong, has improved.
Suphanburi drew 0-0 at Chainat last week.