TAMPA, Fla. — The Bucs have emerged from their latest coronavirus scare unscathed, according to their coach.
A day after Titans coach Mike Vrabel — whose team practiced twice with the Bucs last week and played them Saturday night — confirmed he had tested positive for COVID-19, Bucs coach Bruce Arians said none of his players were impacted.
“We’re good, we don’t have anything,” Arians told reporters following Monday afternoon’s indoor practice at AdventHealth Training Center. “No problems whatsoever.”
Arians’ announcement came shortly after the Titans placed defensive lineman Anthony Rush on the reserve/COVID-19 list before Monday’s practice. By contrast, all Bucs players were present at Monday’s workout except cornerback Carlton Davis and defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, both of whom Arians said were excused from the practice.
Meanwhile, the Cowboys — who come to Raymond James Stadium for the Sept. 9 season opener — added three more players to their COVID-19 protocol list, bringing their total to five. Joining defensive coordinator Dan Quinn and defensive tackle Carlos Watkins are receiver CeeDee Lamb and safeties Malik Hooker and Israel Mukuamu.