Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Liverpool Echo
Liverpool Echo
National
Tom Duffy

Brothers smashed down front door and then attacked men with machete

Three Merseyside men have been jailed for their part in a 'targeted' machete attack.

A gang of thugs smashed their way through the front door of a house on Sapphire Drive in Kirkby with machetes at around 9pm on June 27 this year.

The men assaulted their two victims inside the house with a machete causing a significant head injury to one of the men.

READ MORE: Man stabbed to death in West Derby named

Police were called out to the address in the Tower Hill area following reports that two men had been attacked with a machete.

The two victims were taken to hospital where they were treated for serious injuries.

Police described the incident as 'targeted.'

Two days later police executed a warrant at the home of brothers Curtis and Kieran Rowson on Ascot Drive in Kirkby.

During a search police found a small axe in the porch cupboard and a machete in one of the bedrooms.

Peter Mallon, aged 20, was arrested later in the day.

The three men all pleaded guilty to wounding with intent to do grievous bodily harm and affray. They were jailed during a hearing at Liverpool Crown Court on December 15.

Curtis Rowson, 30, was jailed for six years and six months. Kieran Rowson was jailed for six years.

Peter Mallon, aged 20 of Shaftesbury Avenue, Kirkby was jailed for five years and six months.

Police said that the three men were handed indefinite restraining orders with conditions not to approach or communicate with any of the defence witnesses and not to enter Kirkby within the boundaries of the M57, M58, A570 and A580.

Senior officers have said that the Rowson brothers and Mallon were all involved in "violent crime."

Peter Mallon, aged 20 of Shaftesbury Avenue, Kirkby (Merseyside Police)

Detective Inspector Jackie Guinness said: “These three men put their victims through a horrific ordeal that caused serious physical injuries. All three men are known to be involved in violent crime.

“The significant sentences send a clear and compelling message that anyone involved in violent and organised crime has no place on the streets of Merseyside and we will be relentless in our efforts to bring criminals to justice who use weapons to intimidate and bring fear to our communities.

“If you know of anyone involved in violent crime or carrying a dangerous weapon in your area please contact police so we can continue to crackdown on similar incidents across Merseyside.”

Anyone with information which could assist police is asked to DM @MerPolCC or @CrimestoppersUK on 0800 555 111.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.