Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
USA Today Sports Media Group
USA Today Sports Media Group
Sport
Jon Heath

Broncos might not have much off an offseason program this year

NFL facilities have been closed down and organized team activities and workouts have been put on hold in response to COVID-19.

There seems to be a good chance that teams might not be able to do anything with players until training camp — and there’s no guarantee that training camp will start on time, either.

The Broncos — and every other NFL team — are adjusting.

“Players right now are struggling at times to find a place to work out because most of the gyms and places where they would go for that have been closed down,” coach Vic Fangio said during a conference call with reporters on March 31. “I have talked to a bunch of the players in the last week or so. A lot of them are finding ways to get it done.”

In addition to staying in shape, Denver players will also have playbooks to learn. The team will be sending out digital playbooks.

“I’m sure we’ll come up with something to communicate with the players via the iPads, Skype and all that good stuff,” Fangio said. “We’ll figure that out. We don’t have the total plan yet, but we are in the process of getting the players their iPads so they can receive stuff from us in the next couple of months.”

In a normal offseason, training camps usually begin in mid-July. It remains to be seen if the NFL will be able to follow a similar schedule this year.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.