Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
USA Today Sports Media Group
USA Today Sports Media Group
Sport
Jon Heath

Broncos CB Bryce Callahan out 4-6 weeks after undergoing foot procedure

Denver Broncos cornerback Bryce Callahan has been ruled out until at least midseason, coach Vic Fangio announced Wednesday.

“He had a — he met with the doctors that did the surgery over the weekend — and he underwent a procedure today,” Fangio said. “He’s going to be out at least 4-6 more weeks.”

It wasn’t another operation for the cornerback — it was a procedure to “promote the healing,” Fangio explained. “He’s still having complications from the injury he had last year and the surgery he had after the injury,” Fangio said.

Callahan, 27, injured his foot while playing for the Chicago Bears last season. Before the injury, Callahan totaled 45 tackles, two sacks and two interceptions in 2018. He signed a three-year, $21 million contract with Denver in March.

Fangio said placing Callahan on injured reserve with the potential to return after eight weeks remains an option for the team. If placed on IR, Callahan would be eligible to practice in six weeks and eligible to play in eight weeks. Teams are allowed to bring two players back from IR per season.

In related injury news, Fangio said defensive end Derek Wolfe (ankle) and inside linebacker Josey Jewell (hamstring) both “have a chance” to play against the Jaguars in Week 4. The coach indicated that both players will be listed as “questionable” on Friday’s injury report.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.