A British man has died after being detained in an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) centre in America.
A Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) spokesman confirmed to Mirror Online they are in contact with US authorities after a British man died in Florida.
The man died in ICE custody on Saturday with an initial cause of death given as hanging, a source told BuzzfeedNews. He was aged 39.
The FCO spokesperson told Mirror Online: "Our staff are in contact with US authorities following the death of a British man in Florida."
It is understood FCO staff are in contact with the man's wife, while the US authorities have launched an investigation.

It is unclear how the man came to be in the detention centre.
Mirror Online has approached ICE for comment.
The ICE centres have been a source of controversy during Donald Trump's administration.
Admissions have increased dramatically under Trump, with a big surge in 2019 compared to 2018.

In 2018 there were 396,448 admissions - this rose to 510,854 in 2019, American think tank the CATO institute reports.
A total of eight people died in ICE detention in 2019.
There were 10 deaths in 2018 and there have been 193 deaths since 2004.
In October, Mirror Online reported how after accidentally crossing over from Canada having previously been denied entry to the US.
They were accused of trying to enter the US from Canada illegally.
They complained of poor conditions in the detention centre including cold and inadequate facilities to feed a baby.
One of the Brits said: "We were detained anyway and treated in a way no human deserves to be treated.
"We have been treated like criminals here, stripped of our rights and lied to."
The Samaritans is available 24/7 if you need to talk. You can contact them for free by calling 116 123, email jo@samaritans.org or head to the website to find your nearest branch. You matter.