A British national who caught coronavirus on a cruise ship now quarantined off Japan is a man on his honeymoon, a fellow passenger says.
Princess Cruises confirmed a British national was among 61 who tested positive for the SARS-like virus on board the Diamond Princess.
He is , 58, from Wolverhampton, Mirror Online can reveal.
The ship is anchored in Yokohama Bay and Japan is refusing to allow the 3,700 passengers and crew to disembark until the on-board outbreak ends.
British holidaymaker David Abel, 74, said the UK tourist who contracted the flu-like bug is a newlywed on his honeymoon and he will now be separated from his wife.
Are you trapped on the Diamond Princess? Email email@example.com.
An additional 41 people on board had tested positive for the virus, including the one Briton and passengers from Argentina, Australia, Canada, Japan and the US.
In a statement, Princess Cruises said: "The Japanese Ministry of Health has confirmed this is the last batch to be tested and the quarantine end date will be February 19, unless there are any other unforeseen developments. The Japanese government is also providing our ship and team members additional manpower support.
"During the remainder of the time onboard, guests will continue to be provided complimentary internet and telephone service to stay in contact with their family and loved ones.
"In addition, we have added additional live TV channels and a large selection of in-room movies available in multiple languages. The cruise activities staff is packaging games, puzzles and trivia and delivering them to guest staterooms."
The British patient follows a man being diagnosed with coronavirus in Brighton yesterday.
On a Facebook video posted today, Mr Abel, who is on holiday with his wife Sally, said: "One of the disconcerting things, one of the people we have been dining with, during the duration of the cruise for our evening meals - because we are a table of six and all Brits - one of them has been proved positive for the virus and he will be most certainly leaving the ship today.
"Real, real shame. Now, I have no idea how he must be feeling.
"I don't want to mention names because that wouldn't be right at this present stage, but they are on their honeymoon.
"He will be going off into quarantine in a medical facility and she has to stay on board the ship because she is not displaying symptoms.
"That's going to be really tough for him," he added.
Mirror Online has contacted the Foreign Office for more information.
The jump in infected passengers on the cruise liner comes as the vessel was under a two-week quarantine with about 3,700 people in it.
A Japanese woman earlier raised a flag over her cabin's balcony with a message saying "shortage of medicine".
The new cases were out of the 171 remaining test results, Health Minister Katsunobu Kato told reporters.
This comes as 3,143 new infections were confirmed across mainland China on Thursday, a third consecutive record broken for new cases, bringing the total to 31,161, the National Health Commission said on Friday.
The death toll from the outbreak in the Asian country has reached 636 as of the end of Thursday, up by 73 from the previous day.
The new cases take the total number of coronavirus infections in Japan to more than 80.
The rise in the number of infections aboard Carnival's Diamond Princess shifts the mood for thousands of passengers stuck inside their cabins, with the vessel docked off Yokohama port - but they were allowed to breathe air on open decks on Thursday.
Among the ship's passengers are a reported 78 Britons with pictures having shown many gathering on the ship's galleries on Wednesday to wave at onlookers and press, some in face masks.
An 80-year-old Hong Kong man tested positive for the virus after disembarking the ship late last month, and subsequently an initial 10 people tested positive and were taken to hospital to be quarantined.
Brit passenger Mr Abel claimed earlier this week passengers who he said were not getting food or water, were being left completely in the dark about the rising infection rate.
In his latest video, he said the captain had announced passengers need to "monitor our temperatures" though have "not been given any instrument" to do so.
"I'm not sure how we can do that but we have been asked to monitor our temperatures on a regular basis and if it's increased above normal we are to contact the medical services on board ship and every passenger has been given three priority numbers to call."
"It's a question of feeling each others' brow and seeing if we are showing symptoms of a fever," he added.
Pictures and footage emerged earlier this week on social media showing the empty corridors, deserted lounges and barren deck of the Diamond Princess.
A passenger using the handle @daxa_tw tweeted early Thursday morning that crew members handed out medication refill request forms for those in need of medicines.
While a woman hung a Japanese flag that read "shortage of medicine" over the deck.
Kato said that the new patients would be transported to hospitals in Tokyo and other towns.
Live TV footage shows blue and white hoardings put up in the vessel where passengers diagnosed with the virus are moved out to medical facilities.
Out of the total rise in the toll, central Hubei province - epicentre of the outbreak - reported 69 deaths, including 64 in the provincial capital Wuhan.
The flu-like virus was first identified in Hubei's provincial capital and is believed to have originated at a seafood market in the city.
There have been two deaths outside mainland China - in the Philippines and Hong Kong - both following visits to Wuhan.
Hundreds of foreigners have been evacuated from Wuhan and placed in quarantine centres around the world.
The Diamond Princess is one of two cruise ships in Asian waters on lockdown.