A Brit has died after suffering a fatal allergic reaction to a bee sting in Thailand.
Stephen Leonard Prince, 69, was stung while returning home on his motorcycle on Thursday.
When he arrived at his house in Soi Kitprasarn in Phuket, his wife administered an antihistamine shot, but the allergy continued to ravage his body.
She called emergency services after he fainted and medics rushed to the house shortly before noon.
They found the Brit unconscious on his bed and without a pulse.
They performed CPR before taking the ex-pat to the Chalong Hospital, however, they could not save him and he was pronounced dead shortly after arriving.
Police Captain Weeraphong Srinuanpan of the Chalong Police Station performed a preliminary inspection of Prince's body and said the cause of death was an allergic reaction to the sting.
The expat's remains were taken to the Vachira Phuket Hospital for a post-mortem exam to determine his cause of death.
The bereaved wife said her husband had suffered adverse allergic reactions before.
He had once fainted after eating honey, and lost consciousness on another occasion, when he crushed a bee in his hands.
She added that the previous allergy attacks were never severe enough to endanger his life.
Paramedic Natchak Wattanaratjirot, who took Stephen to the hospital, said it was the first time in his four-year career that he had seen someone die from an allergy.
He said: "Most people stung by bees would only experience swelling, rashes, bruising, or itching.
"I received the report of the injured man and arrived at the house. He was already unconscious when we arrived. We did the best we could to try to save him for his wife.
"This is the worse case of allergy I have ever seen. I'm very sorry for his wife as she was crying and very upset."