Get all your news in one place.
100's of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
BANG Premier
BANG Premier

Bring Me The Horizon frontman Oli Sykes suffered concussion after fan threw phone at him during gig

Oli Sykes was injured after a phone got thrown on stage

Oli Sykes suffered a concussion after being struck by a phone thrown by a fan.

The Bring Me The Horizon frontman was on stage on Monday (11.05.26) when someone in the crowd chucked their phone at him, striking him in the head and leaving the vocalist "struggling" to finish he performance.

In an Instagram Story the following day, he said: "Alright everyone - just wanted to let you know I'm all good.

"The phone to the head definitely smarted and I ended up with a mild concussion, but the swelling's gone down a decent amount already.

"Last night I was struggling a bit on stage afterwards because singing was putting a lot of pressure on the wound and making things feel a bit disorienting while performing, so I'm sorry on my part for what may have seemed like a half hearted performance.

"Appreciate everyone checking in and worrying about me though. Everything should be fine for tonight's gig."

Oli and the band were only a few songs into their set at the Enterprise Center in St. Louis, Missouri when the incident unfolded during their 2015 hit Happy Song.

The frontman had been hyping up the crowd, before the device smacked into him out of nowhere.

Footage from the gig shows the singer recoiling in shock before snapping at the audience and demanding to know “who the f*** threw that?”

He then chucked the offending phone offstage - seemingly toward security - and attempted to regain his composure.

The incident follows a growing trend of performers being struck by objects mid‑show, with artists across genres calling for fans to stop treating concerts like target practice.

Last week, Eric Clapton cut his Madrid concert short after being hit by a flying object.

Shortly after the 81-year-old legendary guitar performed Cocaine at the Movistar Arena on May 7, a fan site claims an “audience member threw a record at Eric near the end of the show, striking him in the chest".

Clips circulating online show what looks like a vinyl sleeve hit him in the chest as he walks off the stage.

Clapton then left without performing his encore, but was said to be fine after the incident.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100's of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.