Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Los Angeles Times
Los Angeles Times
National
Joseph Serna

Two boys allegedly molested in Dave Busters bathroom; man charged

Nov. 12--A 31-year-old man is in police custody after authorities say he molested two 10-year-old boys on separate occasions in the bathroom of an Arcadia Dave Busters restaurant and arcade.

About 6:45 p.m. Monday, police were dispatched to the Westfield Mall after a parent reported that her 10-year-old son had been molested. She said her son told her that when he went into the bathroom at Dave Busters he was "fondled" by a man.

The boy's mother chased the man after he left the bathroom and within moments, Dave Busters managers joined the pursuit. He was caught and detained until police arrived and arrested him on suspicion of performing a lewd act on a child younger than 14. Police identified him as Kwan Chow.

After Chow was in custody, detectives learned of a second 10-year-old who also said he was fondled in the bathroom and identified Chow as the attacker. Police are now asking for any additional victims to come forward.

Chow is scheduled to be arraigned Thursday on two counts of lewd acts on a child younger than 14 with a special allegation of multiple victims. He was being held Wednesday in lieu of $1.2 million bail. He faces as long as life in prison if convicted.

Anyone with information is asked to call Arcadia police at (626) 574-5123.

For breaking California news, follow @JosephSerna.

UPDATE

2:38 p.m.: This post was updated to reflect that Kwan Chow has been charged.

This story was first published at 6:36 a.m.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.