Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Chicago Tribune
Chicago Tribune
National
Chicago Tribune

BRIEF: South Side man faces charges in Englewood shooting

Jan. 23--Charges have been filed against a man accused of shooting a 28-year-old man earlier this month on the South Side, police said.

Derrick Moore Jr., 27, of the 8700 block of South Wood Street, was charged with aggravated battery, according to a Chicago police statement. Moore is slated to appear in bond court Friday afternoon.

Moore was identified as the person who shot the 28-year-old in the upper left leg and abdomen Jan. 14 at about 11 a.m. in the 6900 block of South Justine Street in the city's Englewood neighborhood, police said.

At the time, the victim was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn in serious condition, police said.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.