Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Chicago Tribune
Chicago Tribune
National
Deanese Williams-Harris

BRIEF: Man charged in Woodlawn shooting

March 26--A Woodlawn man was charged Thursday morning in connection with a shooting that happened earlier in March on the same block where he lives, police said.

Ricardale Resendez, 21, of the 6100 block of South Vernon Avenue, was charged with aggravated battery with a firearm for a March 12 shooting on his block, police said.

In the afternoon hours that day, a 28-year-old man suffered a gunshot wound to his thigh and was taken to St. Bernard Hospital, where he was listed in good condition, police said.

Resendez was later identified as the shooter in the attack, but there was no information available about the circumstances leading up to the shooting.

Resendez was scheduled to appear at a bail hearing Thursday afternoon.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.