Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Los Angeles Times
Los Angeles Times
National
Matt Hamilton

BRIEF: Man, 65, found dead in Koreatown apartment fire

Dec. 17--A 65-year-old man was found dead Wednesday after a fire at a Koreatown apartment, authorities said.

The fire was reported shortly before 9 p.m. in the 400 block of South Hobart Boulevard, said Margaret Stewart, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles Fire Department.

More than 40 firefighters knocked down the blaze in the three-story building in about 16 minutes, Stewart said. The fire was confined to one apartment unit.

After the blaze was extinguished, authorities found the man's body inside the unit.

His identity was not released, and it was unclear whether he lived in the building, Stewart said.

The cause of the fire is under investigation by the LAFD's arson investigators.

ALSO:

Costa Mesa actor convicted in gruesome double slaying

L.A. Sheriff's Department blamed for rise in accidental gunshots by deputies

Woman arrested in children's death had been investigated earlier for neglect

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.