Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Chicago Tribune
Chicago Tribune
National
Deanese Williams-Harris and Peter Nickeas

BRIEF: Man, 29, killed in West Side home invasion

Nov. 11--A 29-year-old died in an apparent home invasion Monday afternoon in the city's Lawndale neighborhood on the West Side.

Officers and paramedics responded about 12:45 p.m. to the 2400 block of West Harrison Street and found a man who had been shot several times in the back, said Chicago Police Department News Affairs Officer Jose Estrada, citing preliminary information.

The man was taken to John H. Stroger, Jr Hospital of Cook County, where he was pronounced dead, said Estrada.

He was later identified as Aaron J. Starling, of the block where he was killed, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office. He was pronounced dead at 1:13 p.m., according to the office.

Police said the man was being robbed when he was shot inside his home but it's not clear whether the gunman made off with any of the man's property. No one else was injured but the 29-year-old's brother was at home at the time and fled during the robbery.

Investigators recovered a weapon from inside the home but it's unclear whether it belonged to someone in the home or the gunman.

No one is in custody in connection to the attack, police said.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.