Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Los Angeles Times
Los Angeles Times
National
Ruben Vives

BRIEF: Brush fire in Fullerton prompts voluntary evacuations

April 19--A brush fire in the Brea Dam Recreational Area in Fullerton on Saturday prompted the voluntary evacuations of a number of nearby homes, authorities said.

The fire was reported about 3:25 p.m. in the 1600 block of North Harbor Boulevard and is being fought by about 100 firefighters, assisted by two water-dropping helicopters, according to Julie Kunze, a spokeswoman for the Fullerton Fire Department. So far, about 12 acres have burned.

Kunze said the fire is under control, but voluntary evacuations were issued for homes along Mariom Boulevard.

She did not know whether people were evacuated from the recreational area when the fire erupted.

The 241-acre park opened in 1960. It includes the Fullerton Sports Complex and the Fullerton Municipal Golf Course.

The cause of the fire is under investigation.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.