Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Chicago Tribune
Chicago Tribune
National
Deanese Williams-Harris and Alexandra Chachkevitch

BRIEF: 2 questioned in attempted home invasion that left man dead

March 05--Police are questioning two people about the shooting death of a man during an attempted home invasion on the South Side this week.

The victim, Antinino Walker, 28, was among three people who came to a house in the 8000 block of South Dante Avenue in Avalon Park on Tuesday afternoon to collect money, police said.

There was an exchange of gunfire as the door opened and Walker was hit several times in the chest, police said.

The resident of the home, a 24-year-old man, was struck in the neck and a 20-year-old man suffered a wound to his right arm, according to police.

The resident was taken in critical condition to Stroger Hospital. Walker and the other man were also taken there.

Walker, of the 6500 block of South Champlain Avenue, was pronounced dead at 9:17 p.m., according to the Cook County medical examiner's office.

The resident's handgun was later recovered at the scene, said police.

Police News Affairs Officer Janel Sedevic said detectives were questioning two people Thursday morning but no charges had been field.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.