Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Daily Mirror
Daily Mirror
Sport
Alex Smith

Tyson Fury return to WWE confirmed after Braun Strowman knockout

Tyson Fury will return to WWE on Friday for Smackdown - which will take place in his hometown of Manchester.

Boxing legend Fury made a successful wrestling debut when he knocked out Braun Strowman in Saudi Arabia last Thursday.

"It was fantastic, a great experience," Fury said after his victory.

"I was really happy to be here in Saudi Arabia on a massive show and Braun is definitely the Monster Among Men.

"When I hit him with that right hand, I couldn't believe he got up and slammed me to the floor. It was a cheap shot after the bell but what can we do, it's WWE.

Tyson Fury celebrates his win over Braun Strowman (WWE)

"I've got a big fella called Deontay Wilder to see to on February 22 and we'll go from there."

Fury only signed up to the organisation last month as he promotes his rematch with Deontay Wilder which is scheduled for next February.

Fury, who picked up £12million for his efforts, walked to the ring in traditional Arabic dress - called the thawb - as the waiting Strowman glared at the Brit.

Tyson Fury entered the ring in a traditional Arabic dress (REUTERS)

Strowman had a considerable weight advantage weighing in at 365lb, 125lb more than his rival.

But The Gypsy King, after an epic battle, pulled off a massive right hand to flatten Strowman.

Meanwhile, Fury has hit back at Deontay Wilder after claims he was running scared ahead of their rematch next year - warning the American is "going to get smashed".

The boxers are set to go toe-to-toe again on February 22, with Wilder having retained his WBC heavyweight title following a controversial drawn fight last December.

Strowman lies motionless on the ground (WWE)

Contracts have been signed, but Wilder - who faces Luis Ortiz on November 23 - said Fury did not ever want the rematch and could "understand him running".

Fury responded with a video on Instagram to put the record straight.

"This is to address Deontay Wilder's recent comments on how I don't want to fight him and how afraid of him I am," said Fury.

"If I was afraid of you I wouldn't have fought you after having three years out of the ring and beaten you in your own country - you had to rob me and give me a draw.

"I don't know why on Earth you would think I'm bothered about you. Just get through your fight with Ortiz, do your own thing, stop using my name for relevance.

"You should be on 20 per cent, but I'm not I'm giving you a fair share, because I'm a fair man. I don't ask for anything in this world, I work hard for everything.

"So the thing is with you Wilder - crack on with your own business and I will see you February 22 to finish what I started. This time you are going to get smashed, you big bum dosser. End of."

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.