Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Manchester Evening News
Manchester Evening News
National
Charlotte Dobson

Man stabbed after altercation with youths in Bury

A man was taken to hospital after being stabbed in Bury.

The man, 55, was injured after an altercation with three youths on Burns Avenue near Redvales shortly before 10pm on Saturday.

It's understood that the teens had been causing damage to parked cars prior to the attack.

A woman, 37, was also pushed to the floor during the altercation, police said.

READ MORE: Moston killer who shouted 'I'm the man' after murdering boy freed on day release

The victim's injuries were described as not life-threatening.

No one was has been arrested in connection with the incident.

A GMP spokesperson said: "Shortly after 10pm on Saturday 31 July 2021, police were called to reports of a disturbance on Burns Avenue in Bury.

Police on Burns Avenue in Bury (ASP)

"Enquiries have established that the victim - a man aged 55 - was involved in an altercation with three youths who were causing damage to parked cars.

"Emergency services attended and the man was taken to hospital with a stab wound to the back.

"He remains in a stable condition.

"A woman - aged 37 - was also pushed but did not require any hospital treatment

"No arrests have been made and enquiries are ongoing."

Anyone with information should contact police on 0161 856 9592 quoting incident number 3183 of 01/08/21.

Reports can also be made anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

To get the latest email updates from the Manchester Evening News, click here

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.