Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Newcastle Herald
Newcastle Herald
National
Matt Carr

Break-in robbery charges for three teens after Jenner Parade search

CHARGES: Police arrested three teenagers on Friday. The trio will face court in August accused of break, enter and steal offences allegedly committed over several days last week. Picture: NSW Police

THREE teenagers will face court in August after they were arrested by police investigating a spate of alleged break and enters in Hamilton and Merewether last week.

Officers allege three youths broke into a Jenner Parade premises at Hamilton South about 2.15pm on Friday and stole an amount of property.

Police said the trio were seen a short time later by a plain clothes proactive police officer in Alexander Street. Additional police were called in.

As they arrived the youths ran into nearby premises.

Officers arrested a 15-year-old carrying a backpack and wearin gloves.

"The backpack contained proceeds from the break and enter offence," police said in a statement.

The 15-year-old was taken to Newcastle police station as officers continued to scour the area.

That extensive search led them to a 17-year-old who police said was discovered hiding beneath a premises in Alexander Street.

"Police located gloves, a knife, and proceeds from the break and enter at Jenner Parade," police said in a statement.

A third youth, 14, attended Newcastle police station about 6.30pm on Friday. He was subsequently arrested for alleged involvement in the Jenner Parade incident.

"Investigation into the previous reported break and enter offences further linked the juveniles resulting in a number of charges being laid on all three males," police said.

Investigation into the previous reported break and enter offences further linked the juveniles resulting in a number of charges being laid on all three males

All three were conditionally bailed to face Broadmeadow Children's Court on August 10.

The 15-year-old has been accused of three counts of aggravated break, enter and steal while the 17-year-old is faing one count of the same offence.

The 14-year-old will face four counts of break, enter and steal when he appears in court.

Newcastle police district officers continue to investigate.

Anyone with information is urged to call Newcastle police station on 4929 0999 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or online at https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.