Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Daily Record
Daily Record
National
Lynn Love

Boy, 14, charged after suspicious fire breaks out at Dunfermline school

A 14-year-old boy has been charged following a suspicious 'large and complex' fire at a high school in Dunfermline .

Dramatic scenes at Woodmill High School earlier this morning showed 80 firefighters battling the rapidly spreading fire.

The blaze started yesterday evening at around 5pm and emergency services are still working to extinguish the flames.

Following an investigation by Dunfermline CID, cops have now confirmed a teenager has been arrested in connection with the incident.

The terrifying scene in the sky above Woodmill High School (David Wardle)

The suspect will appear at Dunfermline Sheriff Court on Tuesday 27th August.

The huge fire is still being fought by 15 fire appliances and two height appliances.

The building burned throughout the night (David Wardle)

A Police Scotland Spokesperson said: "Officers would like to thank members of the public who came forward with information in relation to this incidents, as well as those who provided the police and fire service personnel in in attendance with refreshments during the extremely hot conditions they found themselves working in."

The head teacher of the high said he was 'utterly devastated' by what has happened.

Mr McIntosh Tweeted: "We are all utterly devastated by what has happened to our school.

"My heartfelt thanks go to the Emergency Services for all they have done to save our school."

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.