Boris Johnson is facing new allegations about coronavirus rule breaches after he was accused of failing to self-isolate in January last year.
The Prime Minister is believed to be have stood near the Number 10 videographer when delivering his official New Year message on December 31, 2020, according to the Mirror.
No 10's employee then tested positive for covid when the country was on the brink of a second wave.
Colleagues who were present in the room where the message was being recorded were asked to self-isolate after the positive test, however Johnson was not one of them.
A Downing Street spokesperson insisted that Johnson did not break social distancing rules and was not required to self-isolate.
The spokesperson told the Mirror: “The Prime Minister was socially distanced from the individual who subsequently tested positive and the duration of the filming was shorter than 15 minutes.
“This has been reaffirmed by those present.
"He was not advised to isolate as the rules did not require him to do so.”
However, images posted on the image-sharing site Flicker, by the videographer, raise questions over social distancing rules while the video was being taken.
A source told the Mirror that the videographer, was not masked and stood "face to face" with Johnson for around 15 minutes.
The source also said the PM stood less than two metres apart during the recording.
According to official government guidance at the time anyone within two metres, for over 15 minutes, of someone who later returned a positive test was required to self-isolate.
To sign up to the Daily Record Politics newsletter, click here.